The Marquette Board of Light and Power, in its continuing efforts to provide low-cost, reliable, and safe electric service, has implemented an Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI). This will further enhance customer service while saving the utility money by improving system losses and metering accuracy.
When fully deployed, the new AMI system will provide you with the following benefits:
- Meters can be read daily and on-demand to better assist you in managing your monthly electric use.
- The need to estimate your bill will be eliminated.
- The ability to interface with mapping devices enabling the timely dispatching of service crews
- We will have more detailed information about outages, and therefore will have the ability to verify that power has been restored to all affected before our crews leave the area.
- Tenancy changes will be handled more efficiently as our customer service representatives will be able to access metering information in near real-time.
Click HERE for a list of frequently asked questions.
Click HERE to see a picture of what your new digital electric meter will look like.
Click HERE to see a video of an actual meter being exchanged.
Click HERE to view TWACS information.