26th Annual Poster Contest
"Reducing Your Carbon Footprint"
This year’s theme encourages students to think of ways to reduce their carbon footprint in order to take care of our world. Some examples to do this would be to conserve water and electricity, reduce, reuse, and recycle, eat locally grown foods and walk or bike instead of driving. Put your creative hat on and think of ways you can do your part to save the earth. The MBLP is excited to see what you will come up with, showing your creativity and knowledge of electricity.
Materials: 18 X 24 inch drawing/poster paper (MBLP will provide the paper for you), and any drawing medium (crayons, markers, pencils, pens, ink, etc.) Application of objects (electric cords, string, cloth, foil, glitter, etc.) to the poster is also acceptable and encouraged.
Who can enter the MBLP Poster Contest? All 4th and 5th graders who are currently enrolled for the 2016-2017 school year. Home schooled students are also eligible. The student must reside within the service territory of the MBLP and cannot have previously won at any level in the contest.
Prizes for Winning Posters: First prize: $200 Second prize $150 Third prize $100 and Honorable mention $50.
Winners will be notified by April 28, 2017 and prizes will be awarded at the MBLP Administrative Offices at 2200 Wright Street in Marquette. The first place poster will be framed and publicly displayed at the Administrative Offices for one year (after that time, it will be returned to the student).
1. Students name, address, phone number and school/teacher (if applicable) must appear on the back of the poster.
2. Entries must be received at the MBLP office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 21, 2017.
3. Students must create their own artwork that addresses the theme…the poster must represent the student’s efforts only without adult assistance.
4. Poster must be drawn on paper or poster board measuring 18 X 24 inches.
5. No copyrighted characters may be used.
6. The MBLP reserves the right to use the names of the winners in public annoncements of the contest.
7. The first place entry will be displayed at the MBLP for one year and then returned to student.
Please call Noreen Collins at 228-0343 should you have any questions.
2016 MBLP POSTER CONTEST WINNERS
This year's theme was "Conserving Energy" and students were encouraged to illustrate their ideas on how to save electricity, inside and outside of their homes.
Front Row (L to R): Honorable Mention winners - Kennedy Williams, Tyleur Wright, Avalyn Billman, Emma Josefson, 1st Place winner Olivia Hamari and Honorable Mention winner Trinity Colleur.
Back Row (L to R): Honorable Mention winner Taylor Zima, 2nd Place winner Kaela Davis, 3rd Place winner Lily Frayer and Honorable Mention winners - Lily Dixon, Hannah Goodwin and Evan Smith.